Thursday, November 19, 2009

Carrot Cake

I was browsing on allrecipes.com the other day and found this recipe.  It had been reviewed by over 2,000 people who all rated it with 5 stars.  That is pretty impressive so I had to try it myself to see what all the fuss was about.  I thought the cake was delicious.  It was moist and with the cream cheese frosting I put on top it was the most perfect treat! 


4 Eggs
1 1/4 C. Oil
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Flour
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon
3 C. Grated Carrots
1 C. Chopped Pecans

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat eggs with sugar, oil and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix until combined.  Mix in carrots then fold in nuts.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.  Allow to cool completely before frosting.

2 comments:

Lora Jewett said...

Did you use your own cream cheese frosting recipe or did you used canned?

Andrea said...

Hi Lora, I used my own but I think it would still be good if you wanted to use a can of cream cheese frosting.