Thursday, November 12, 2009

Snickers Cookies

I like to spread my Christmas baking out over several weeks so I don't feel pressure and stress about something that can be so much fun.  This year I am making only cookies.  I will be stacking the cookies and rolling them in Christmas cellophane to hand out to friends and neighbors.  We like to deliver our gifts during the first week of December before families start feeling grossed out by sweets so I am baking ahead and freezing the cookies to be ready to put everything together right after Thanksgiving.

Today I made two kinds of cookies.  This is the first one: Snickers Cookies and trust me when I tell you that you will love these.  It is a basic peanut butter cookie dough that is wrapped around a Snickers miniature.  Check out the picture at the bottom- I couldn't resist showing you the oozing caramel and chocolate inside the cracks of the cookies.  Yum...


1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
1 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 pkg. Snickers Miniatures (about 36)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter in a medium sized mixing bowl.  Add egg and vanilla and mix.  Combine all dry ingredients and then mix into peanut butter mixture.  Using about a tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball then press a deep indentation into the dough with your thumb.  Place a snickers into the indentation and wrap the rest of the dough around the candy.  Roll around in your hands to get a good seal or the candy will melt and ooze out during baking.  Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.  (The cookies seemed very, very small to me so just before pulling them out of the oven I used my small spatula and pressed down on the tops of the cookies to spread them out a bit while they were still hot.)  Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to cooling rack or parchment paper. 

No comments: