Monday, March 1, 2010

Blonde Brownies

Oh, this cookie is good.  It is soft and chewy even on the very edges.  It is kind of like eating cookie dough.  I know it requires a lot of each ingredient but it makes an entire cookie sheet full (24-32 servings depending on how you cut them) so I always end up with a huge bag in my freezer for later.  I love having treats like this in my freezer for unexpected chocolate cravings.

1 1/3 C. Butter
4 C. Brown Sugar
4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
4 Eggs
4 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter then add sugar, vanilla and eggs.  Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.  Grease a jelly roll pan (the large metal cookie sheets) with cooking spray.  Spread cookie dough into pan evenly then sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Bake for 35 minutes.  Cool at least 30 minutes before cutting. 

2 comments:

christin said...

OOOoooooo, I think I'll be making these this week.

christin said...

I made these tonight and they were a big hit. We had some people over and everyone liked them. Thanks for the recipe!