Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Easy and Delicious Pesto Pasta

This recipe was given to me by my good friend, Kathy, and I have been excited to try it since I heard her rave about it a few months ago.  It was super good!  I have never served pesto to my family before.  When I asked what everyone thought of it I got a bunch of enthusiastic thumbs up since their mouths were too full to answer verbally.  I loved the flavors of bacon and parmesan cheese, they really complimented the basil flavor.  Talk about easy too, only 5 ingredients!  I am not going to say it's a low fat choice but it tasted awesome!

16 oz. Bowtie Pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 8oz. jar Pesto
1 pkg. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 C. Parmesan, grated
1 C. Oil Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped

Once the pasta is cooked just toss all the ingredients together and serve!

No comments: