Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Mummies

A couple of years ago I came across this idea for Halloween.  The kids go crazy over these mummies.  They are super easy and pretty fast.  Serve them for lunch with some fruit or along side a bowl of chili for dinner.

1 pkg. Hot Dogs
1 pkg. Refrigerated Crescent Rolls

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Roll out the crescent roll dough into a large Rectangle.  Cut very thin strips (about 1/8") with a pizza cutter.  Cut the hot dogs in half and wrap a strip around each half leaving a place for eyes to be added after they are baked.  Place the wrapped mummies on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Before serving add mummy eyes with mustard or ketchup.

1 comment:

Lora Jewett said...

I had forgotten about your recipe blog so I went back to last year and got the address and I am so glad that I found it. The mummies are so cute! What a fun idea. I love your recipes.
Lora