Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Orange Walnut Muffins

Orange flavor is so fresh tasting and orange anything just sounds awesome for breakfast.  So when I came across a recipe for orange muffins I was intrigued.  I had never in my life tasted or even heard of orange muffins.  You know how I feel about muffins and I am always looking for new breakfast ideas.  The results: So. Good. 

2 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp.Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Sugar
1 Large Orange, zested
2/3 C. Orange Juice
1/2 C. Butter, melted
2 Eggs
1/2 C. Walnuts, coarsely chopped
Cinnamon and Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and orange zest until well mixed.  Add orange juice, butter, and eggs and mix until everything is combined but don't over mix.  Fold in walnuts and divide into 12 muffin cups lined with papers.  Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar over top of each muffin.  Bake for 20 minutes. 

1 comment:

christin said...

I really liked these muffins and so did everyone else.