Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stuffed Pork Chops

At the end of January my husband and I were in charge of a dinner for some prominent people in our area.  It was a formal dinner for 30 guests.  While it is stressful, I love cooking for people and really wowing them with good food.  These pork chops were a-maz-ing.  I am not kidding...incredible, people!  The smoky flavor of the gouda combined with the bacon was divine and the pork chops were tender and delicious.  If you are staying in for Valentine's Day and don't already have a menu planned this recipe is calling your name.  Can you hear it?  ("pick me, pick me!")

*You can find gouda cheese in the specialty cheese area of your grocery store and it is not very expensive. 

4 Boneless Center-cut Loin Chops, at least 1" thick
4 oz. Smoked Gouda Cheese
4 Strips of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 T. Chopped Fresh Parsley
2 T. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grate the cheese and mix with the bacon and parsley.  Cut pork chops horizontally most of the way through (but not all the way) to create a pocket for the filling.  Divide the cheese mixture among the pork chops filling them by hand.  Heat oil in a frying pan or grill pan if you have one.  A panini maker or george foreman grill would probably work too.  Sear each side of the pork chops for about 2 minutes per side.  Transfer pork chops to a cookie sheet.  Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear when pork chops are pierced with a knife.  Serve right away with preferred side dishes. 

6 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

I was looking everywhere for a tasty pork chop recipe and then I remembered your blog and low and behold, your first post is about pork chops. Yum-o! I'm so trying it!
~Cassie

The Candlands said...

We are making this tomorrow night for a family dinner!

Broe said...

I liked this post Andrea. I need to go do some shopping so I can make these.

Lisa said...

this looks sooo good, I'm gonna try em'!

Susan said...

I was there, and I can still remember how good they were. Andrea is one of the best cooks! Thanks for posting this Andrea.

kindergartendiva said...

This is by far my favorite recipe! It is so easy but taste so dreamy! Making for a friend that had surgery. Can't wait for them to try it! Your plate looks so awesome. How did you cook the potatoes and carrots? They look softer than mine!!