Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicken Broccoli Pasta

I got this recipe from a friend and it is simply wonderful!  It is addicting.  I can't say enough good things about it.  I shared it with my mom and she said she is tempted to make it every night.  It is that good!  Don't be afraid of the crushed red pepper, it really adds a nice touch to this dish without making it spicy.  If you like spicy you can add more.  You can use any pasta with this dish.  I used rotini this time but my favorite is bow tie pasta.

3 T. Olive Oil
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 pkg. frozen broccoli florets
1 tsp. dried basil
3/4 C. Oil Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 Can Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 lb. Pasta
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

Begin heating water for pasta. (Be sure to add salt to your water.  I add several tablespoons.)  Cook pasta according to package directions while you are making the sauce.  Cut up sun dried tomatoes and set aside.  Heat a large skillet and add oil, garlic and chicken.  Saute until chicken is almost cooked through.  Add broccoli and cook until crisp tender.  Add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, basil, chicken broth and salt and pepper. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer for a few minutes until pasta is finished.  Drain pasta and Put into a large serving dish.  Pour sauce over top and mix slightly.  Grate parmesan over top.  yummmm....

1 comment:

Broe said...

This looks great! I can't wait to try it.