Thursday, September 17, 2009

Conference Muffins

These muffins are delicious and sentimental for me.  Mom made them for our family every six months for General Conference along with her yummy homemade cocoa. (I'll let her post that)  Every conference when I make them I can't help but think about my mom and my sisters.  So with Conference coming up this seems like a good thing to start our blog with.



2 C. Bisquick
2 T. Sugar
1/4 C. Margarine or Butter, softened
2/3 C. Milk
1/4 C. Jam/Preserves

Glaze:
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
1 T. Warm Water
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin papers.  Mix together Bisquick, sugar, butter and milk.  Put a small amount of batter in each muffin cup and carefully spread it out to cover the bottom of the cup.  Drop a small spoonful of preserves in each cup.  Spoon the remaining batter over the top of each muffin and spread it over top to completely cover the preserves.  Bake for 10-15 minutes.  Mix together all the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl. While muffins are still warm, drizzle glaze over top.

No comments: