Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

When my children were little I experimented with a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes. I tweaked this one until I got it just the way I like them, crisp on the out side and soft in the middle.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoom baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup oatmeal
6 oz. chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, stir together first six ingredients. Add shortening, egg, and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Roll into balls and dip tops in granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes.
This makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

3 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

I love these cookies and so do my kids! They are super yummy but I also love that it only makes about a dozen cookies so you don't have left overs tempting you for the next couple of days.

Broe said...

These cookies are so fast to make a batch of!