Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins

I love, love cinnamon.  Especially in this muffin, it makes recipes seem sweeter and extra delicious.  This recipe is ultra healthy in my opinion.  With very little fat, no white flour, no white sugar, and oatmeal baked in, I had to try this one to see if it would taste "healthy".  You know what I mean, "heathy" usually doesn't taste very good.  Well I was pleasantly surprised at the sweet taste and texture of this muffin.  It gets 9/10 from me and I consider myself pretty picky.  I liked it even better with some raspberry jam on top.  I will certainly make this one again.

1 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour (you can use regular flour if you want to.)
3/4 C. Quick Oats
1 T. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
2/3 C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 C. Milk
1/3 C. Applesauce
1 1/2 tsp. Oil
2 Eggs (or 3 Egg Whites)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix milk, applesauce, oil, and eggs until well blended.  Add dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.  Spoon batter into a 12 cup muffin tin, greased or lined with muffin papers.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Remove muffins from pan as soon as they come out of the oven and serve warm.

No comments: