Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Corn Chowder

I love this soup.  It has really great flavor with the bacon in it and it doesn't take long to prepare.  I know most corn chowders don't have carrots and celery in them but I like to add more vegetables to mine.  The result is a healthy, filling, delicious soup your family will rave about.

8 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbed
2 Cans Creamed Corn
1 Can Evaporated Milk
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Onion, chopped
2 C. Potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 Carrots, peeled and sliced
3 Stalks Celery, sliced
3 Cubes Chicken Bouillon
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Cheddar Cheese


Put potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and bouillon into a large pot and cover with water.  Boil on medium high until vegetables are almost completely cooked.  Add milk to the pot and additional water if you want your soup to be thinner.  Add all other ingredients except cheese.  Simmer for 15 minutes then remove from heat, add cheese and serve. 

1 comment:

christin said...

Another soup! I LOVE soup! I will make this soon and let you know my deepest thoughts about it!