Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

In the back to school spirit, I am posting these cookies which are perfect for an after school snack.  I got this recipe from a friend who brought them over after I had my baby.  These are in my top three favorite cookies and, with 6 C. of oats in the recipe, they are a pretty healthy cookie too. The recipe made 10 dozen cookies for me so just remember that when you are looking over the amounts of everything needed for this recipe and don't forget to use your largest mixing bowl!  You're going to need some freezer bags too unless you're very, very hungry!

2 C. Butter
2 C. Brown Sugar
2 C. White Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
4 Eggs
3 C. Sifted White Flour (you can do 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat)
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Soda
6 C. Quick Oats
1 1/2 C. Coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well then add all dry ingredients.  Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes depending on how crisp you like your cookies.  The dough can be refrigerated for a couple of days and the baked cookies freeze very well. 

No comments: