Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baked Ziti

Being the pasta lover that I am, I cannot believe that it took me until about a year ago to make Baked Ziti.  Now I can't stop making it!  I so love this recipe.  It is inexpensive to make and is the perfect comfort food.

2 14oz. Cans Tomatoes with Juice
2 Cans Tomato Sauce
2 T. Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
5 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 lb. Tube Pasta (Most of the time I use rigatoni)
2 C. Mozzerella Cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions being very careful not to overcook.  While pasta is cooking, puree tomatoes in a food processor or blender and set aside.  Saute onion and garlic in oil until onions are translucent.  Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices.  Bring to a low boil and simmer for at least 30-40 minutes.  When pasta is done, drain and transfer to a large casserole dish.  Pour sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

Val said...

We loved this one Andrea. Thanks for all the great recipes.