Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

I had some pumpkin left over in my refrigerator so I went online to find a recipe to use it in.  I found this on allrecipes.com.  They were quite good and a nice change from usual pancakes.   


2 C. Flour
3 T. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. All Spice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Milk
1 C. Pumpkin
1 Egg
2 T. Oil
2 T. Vinegar

In a mixing bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, vinegar, oil and egg.  (I'm sure the vinegar is added to sour the milk.  Sour milk, buttermilk and sour cream make pancakes really moist.  If you have buttermilk in your fridge you can just substitute that for the vinegar and milk.)  Mix well then add all dry ingredients.  Mix until smooth.  Use a 1/4 C. measuring cup to drop batter onto hot skillet and then spread around into a wider circle using the measuring cup or the back of a spoon.  If you don't spread it a little thinner there will be uncooked batter in the middle when you cut into your pancakes.  Cook for a few minutes on each side until well browned.  Serve with maple syrup.  These would also be good with the apple syrup I posted yesterday.  This recipe said it makes 12 pancakes but it made 18 for me.

No comments: