Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Whole Wheat Waffles

Our 50th post and it's only been a month and a half!  That is a lot of great recipes.  This waffle recipe is from my Great Aunt Jean.  I love that it has whole wheat and oatmeal in it.  We usually serve this with apple syrup (which is SO good) but I didn't have any apple juice on hand today so we used regular maple. 


1 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1 C. Quick Oats
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1 1/2 C. Milk
6 T. Butter or Margarine, melted
2 T. Brown Sugar

Mix all ingredients together and make your waffles. (Complex directions, I know.)

Apple Syrup
2 C. Apple Juice
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Corn Starch
2 T. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 T. Butter or Margarine

Combine the juice, pumpkin pie spice and sugar in a saucepan.  Heat to boiling.  Combine lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir until smooth.  Add to juice mixture and boil while stirring for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and add the butter.  Stir until butter is melted.

3 comments:

Broe said...

Oh how I love these!

Barb said...

This is a favorite recipe! I love them with LOTS of apple syrup. :-)

Broe said...

I made these this morning! I used fresh pressed apple juice for the recipe and it worked great!