Monday, November 2, 2009

Authentic Bolognese Sauce

It's no secret by now, I LOVE Italian food.  Me and Pasta were made for each other and I have no shortage of pasta recipes I enjoy making for my family.  Of all that I have tried I have five favorite pasta recipes and this is one of them.  It is my favorite recipe for a traditional spaghetti meat sauce.  Amazingly, it has no spices in it.  That might seem odd to you, as it did to me the first time I made it.  But give it a try.  I don't think it is possible for anyone not to love this pasta.


1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1 Onion, chopped
2 Stalks Celery, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 T. Dried Parsley
2 T. Olive Oil
1 14oz. Can Tomatoes, pureed in a blender
1 Can Chicken Broth
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 lb. Box Pasta

Use a food processor to chop up all the vegetables.  Heat oil in a skillet and add onion, celery, and carrot.  Saute until onions are transparent.  Add garlic and meat. Cook until browned.  Pour in pureed tomatoes then add parsley, salt and pepper.  Simmer on medium low heat 1 hour uncovered, adding a little bit of chicken broth every 10-15 minutes until you have used the entire can.  If simmering your sauce is creating a mess you can put the lid on tilted so the moisture can still escape and allow your sauce to thicken.  Pour sauce over cooked pasta and grate fresh parmesan cheese over top.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I have made this recipe and really like it. Especially with cellentani
pasta noodles like the ones in the picture.

Broe said...

I noticed the pasta you used too. It looks so good.