Monday, November 2, 2009

Applesauce Muffins

I make these muffins all the time.  They are my kids all time favorite.  I think that is because of the cinnamon and sugar on top.  Easy and delicious, this is a recipe I can throw together in the morning really quick before getting kids out the door for school.  I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Julie.  I owe her big for this one.


2 C. Bisquick 
1/4 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 C. Applesauce
1/4 C. Cold Milk
2 T. Oil
1 Egg

Combine all ingredients and stir well.  Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin and pour batter into cups.  Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.  When muffins are done remove from oven, melt 1/4 C. butter or margarine and mix together 1/2 C. sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.  Dip tops of muffins in butter, then in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.

4 comments:

Broe said...

I need to buy bisquick and fast! These look great!

christin said...

So today I got up at the crack of dawn, more like the b... never mind. Anyway- I was looking at the blog since it's been awhile and found these muffins. I decided that muffins would be great for breakfast. I made them and they were super easy and a big hit. Love them.

Andrea said...

I am glad you stopped at b... I can't believe you made muffins for breakfast, I thought it was potatoes every day in your family! Glad you liked them.

Unknown said...

These were D-lious. Perfect for when you have a babysitter and forget to make them breakfast.