Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yoshida Meatballs

It is time to introduce you to one of my favorite products- Yoshida Sauce. 


If you have never used this you are missing out.  It is super yummy and very, very convenient to have on hand.  I use it in lots of different ways.  Sometimes I put chicken thighs in a skillet, pour Yoshida over top and cook it on low heat for 45 minutes.  Then we have the chicken and sauce over rice.  I have also used several of the recipes on www.mryoshida.com.  I especially like the beef and broccoli recipe.  Last night I made meatballs and cooked them in a skillet with the yoshida sauce.  It was so, so good.  The only place I have found Yoshida is at Costco and it is cheap.  For a big bottle I think it costs about $5.00.  So worth it, trust me!


1 lb. ground beef
2 slices sandwich bread, crumbled into fine bits
1 egg
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Yoshida Sauce

Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and mush together with your hands.  (If raw meat grosses you out then just try to do it with a spoon.)  Shape the meat mixture into meatballs and put them in a skillet.  (No need to grease the skillet.)  When you have used all of the meat, heat the skillet over medium heat and cover with a lid.  Cook 10-15 minutes until meatballs appear to be browned.  Remove lid and turn meatballs with a spatula.  Pour Yoshida Sauce over top.  I never measure, just be generous since you will be using the sauce over top of rice.  Cook uncovered (if you try to cover the pan the Yoshida sauce will boil out even on a very low heat) for 20 minutes or until rice is done.  Serve meatballs with sauce over top of the cooked rice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this product! We cook chicken wings on the grill then heat the Yoshida sauce to bubbling in a large skillet. Drop in the chicken wings and stir them up. Makes them sticky but oh so yummy