Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Coconut Banana Muffins

Of all the muffins I have ever made I would have to say that these tie with the glazed lemon muffins for my very favorite. I think it is the coconut milk that makes these muffins so fantastic.  They are moist, light and delicious.  I can't even remember where I found this recipe but I have changed it so much I don't think I would recognize it even if I saw it.  The original recipe didn't use coconut milk and called for a high calorie topping that I eliminated to make these muffins less sweet and more healthy.  If you like banana bread and you are a fan of coconut you have got to try these! 


2 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Sugar
1 T. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Coconut Flakes
3/4 C. Coconut Milk
3 Very Ripe Bananas
2 Eggs
6 T. Butter or Margarine
1 T. Vanilla Extract (or Coconut Extract if you have it)

Combine the first 5 ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Combine all other ingredients and blend well in a mixer to mash up bananas.  Add dry ingredients and mix until just barely combined.  Grease or line muffin cups and fill each cup with 1/4 C. of batter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Makes 24 muffins.  (These muffins freeze very well.)

No comments: