Thursday, December 10, 2009

Andes Mint Cookies

This is the next installment in my Christmas cookie posts.  I am behind but I am determined to get all my gifts out by the end of the week and I still have three more kinds of cookies to bake!  That means you can expect a few more cookie recipes.  Including this one which is one of my favorites.  It is perfect for Christmas.  I tried these cookies last year and was very impressed.  The presentation is awesome with the swirly brown and green mint on top.  They are chewy and really, really chocolaty.


3/4 C. Butter
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 T. Water
2 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Eggs
2 1/2 C. Flour
1 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 pkg. Andes Mints

Heat butter, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and then add the chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and beat in the 2 eggs. Next add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together and chill for about 45 minutes. Roll into balls (like 1 - 1 1/2 inches big), flatten slightly, and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.  When cookies come out of the oven, place an Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for a few minutes. Swirl the melted chocolate like icing with the back of a spoon. Allow to cool until chocolate on top hardens. Yields 3 dozen beautiful, chocolaty, delicious cookies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Andes Mints!

You and I are for sure related!

Your niece,

A.