Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

I had no idea what to make for dinner tonight. I wanted to get something into the crock pot while I had some time early this afternoon. I decided to use some potatoes from the freezer that I had baked and chopped up about a month ago. I just put this together with (of course) just some stuff I had on hand. Turned out pretty good. Though I must say that I would have preferred using green onion rather than yellow. Just a side note.


6-8 red potatoes (baked, peeled, and chopped)
half of an onion (diced)
6 bacon slices (cooked and crumbled)
3 tsp chicken bullion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 TBS parsley
1 cup heavy cream

Put everything except the cream into your crock pot. Pour in just enough water to cover potatoes. Cook on low about 5 hours. Pour in cream and cook 1 hour longer. Top with cheese.

No comments: