Saturday, February 6, 2010

French Bread Chicken Pizza

Okay, let's be real here.  Who feels like cooking on Saturdays?  Not me.  So, when my daughter came up and asked "what's for dinner" and quickly added "I don't want a snack kind of dinner" I knew I was in trouble.  By snack dinner she was referring to my usual Saturday night menu of cinnamon toast and canned fruit or macaroni and cheese (which we had last night).  I was racking my brain for an idea when I remembered this awesome meal that takes no time at all to prepare, especially if you have canned chicken on hand.  It is a family favorite and especially popular with kids most likely because of it's melt-y, cheese-y qualities.  Dinner dilemma solved. 

1 loaf French Bread (I usually buy a couple at a time and freeze them)
2 C. Shredded Chicken Breast (or 2 cans chicken)
2 Green Onions, sliced very thin
2 Cups Shredded Cheese
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1/2 C. Mayo
2 T. Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut french bread in half lengthwise.  Mix together all other ingredients and spread mixture over both halves of bread.  Place both halves on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve. 

4 comments:

christin said...

Ooooo... I think that I can almost smell these just by looking at the picture. I will be trying these.

Beth said...

I remember having these at your house. They were delicious!

christin said...

This was the best Saturday lunch I have made in a long time! I loved it!

Deanna said...

Easy and yummy, a perfect combination!