Thursday, February 18, 2010

Garlic Steak Rub and Cheddar Roasted Potatoes

Whenever I ask my husband what we should have for dinner he gives the same answer- Steak.  It has become a joke but it truly is his favorite meal.  He is a steak and potatoes kind of guy.  So the other night when I was preparing a special dinner for him the menu was a no-brainer!  I used this simple home made garlic rub on the steaks.  It turned out beautifully.  I discovered the recipe for these yummy potatoes several years ago.  I should have doubled the recipe, my kids couldn't stop eating them!

Garlic Rub:
2T. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Pepper
4 Garlic Cloves, pressed

Make sure steaks are at room temperature, thawed completely.  Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and brush the steaks on all sides with a basting brush.  Let the steaks marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling them. This is enough marinade for 5 large steaks.

Cheddar Roasted Potatoes:
4 Large Russet Potatoes, washed
3 T. Butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 C. Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp. Dried Parsley
3/4 C. Half and Half

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a 9 x13 pan with cooking spray.  Slice potatoes into thin lengthwise strips like french fries.  Transfer potatoes to prepared pan and drizzle the butter over top.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley and cheese.  Pour half and half over top.  Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.

3 comments:

Barb said...

This looks delicious!! I am so tempted to go to the store and get some potatoes. You know who would love this :-)

christin said...

I have been wanting to make this ever since you posted it. I really need to try this soon.

christin said...

i made these potatoes for dinner. I actually put them in the crock pot. It works great and I really liked them.