Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Breakfast Pie

I love this breakfast. I like to make it the night before and bake it in the morning. I have made this with and without a crust. Both are great!


9 inch pie crust
8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
2 cups cubed potatoes
2 TBS onion
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 TBS flour
3 eggs
12oz can evaporated milk
salt
pepper


Cook potatoes and onion in bacon grease until tender then add bacon. Toss cheese and flour together. In pie crust layer half the potato mixture followed by half the cheese. Repeat. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into pie. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 additional 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This sounds so good and so different than our normal breakfasts. About how many potatoes makes up 2 Cups?

christin said...

I never really measure. I kind of figure one normal sized potato makes a cup, but that could be way off. I think that I use three when I make this and I just cut them pretty small.

Peter said...

We had some leftover potatoes from our roast the other night and so we used those; it was so yummy! This is a great breakfast or dinner! Our boys inhaled it!

Andrea said...

I made this for breakfast today and we all really liked it. It was hearty and tasty. Next time I will drain most of the grease from the bacon before cooking the potatoes, I think my bacon was extra greasy. Also, I will probably cover the pie plate so the top doesn't get so crispy. Just some observations.