Thursday, February 25, 2010

Apple Bran Muffins

I was skeptical about these muffins.  Dry milk and bran flakes with apples?  It seemed odd.  I was wrong, boy was I wrong!  These are delicious, filling and healthy for you.  The hint of nutmeg was a very nice addition to the flavor of these muffins.  Next time I will add another apple because I like mine absolutely packed.

1 C. Flour
1/2 C. Brown Sugar, packed
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 Medium Tart Apple, peeled and chopped small (I will use 2 next time)
3/4 C. Water
1/2 C. Dry Milk
1/4 C. Oil
1 Large Egg
2 C. Bran Flakes

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin.  Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.  Add wet ingredients, including apple and mix batter until well combined.  Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to divide batter evenly into each muffin cup.  Bake for 13-15 minutes.  Don't over bake, the tops don't get very dark.  Serve warm with a little bit of butter on each muffin.
 

1 comment:

christin said...

These look really good to me. I will have to try these soon.