Thursday, February 25, 2010

Grilled Lemon Chicken

This chicken is seriously some of the best chicken I have ever had.  All the flavors of the marinade work together to create a wonderfully flavorful main dish you will savor with every bite.  My only caution to you is if you are using the grill, cook it on a very low heat so the meat doesn't get charred.  It is so much better when the chicken is tender and not overly crispy on the outside.  As you can see, ours was a little too done this time.

5-6 chicken breasts, sliced into large strips
Juice of 1 Lemon
3 T. Olive Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic, pressed
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Oregano


Combine all ingredients in a ziplock freezer bag and marinade overnight.  Grill or cook in a frying pan until juices run clear. 

 

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This was SO GOOD!!! I forgot to marinate the chicken the night before so I only did it for an hour and a half and it was still amazing! I can't imagine what it would be after a whole night of chillin' in the lemon juice! Sigh. Paired with asparagus this was the best dinner ever. :)