Saturday, February 27, 2010

Salisbury Steak

I have always really liked salisbury Steak, but have never found a recipe that I loved. I decided to make one up on my own. I was nervous, but it turned out great. I ate the left overs a few days later and I think it was even better then the first time. Simon even told me that it was "really good" which he never really says. Hope you enjoy it too!


Meat

1 lb. Ground beef
1 TBS dried onion
8 ritz crackers (crunched up)
1 egg
salt
pepper
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 TBS BBQ sauce

Mix everything up with your hands and then form into 6 patties.


Sauce

1 TBS oil
2 TBS flour
2 tsp dried onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cups milk

In a bowl mix onion, soup, broth, soy sauce and milk. Cook patties in large skillet. When they are done drain off grease and remove from pan. Add oil to drippings. Whisk in the flour. Pour in the soup mixture and whisk to desired thickness. Return steaks to pan with gravy. I served them with mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

We had this tonight and really liked it. I think my kids tastes are changing, they ate the mashed potatoes right up! Actually, it was probably that delicious gravy they were drenched in that made them so good.

Andrea said...

We had these the other night and my kids inhaled them! We really liked them!

Veronica said...

I tried this the other day and my family loved it. Liked the Salisbury Steak, but LOVED the gravy. My husband travels every week and eats out most of the week for each meal. He said this gravy is the best he has EVER had!! Love it. I added a can of sliced mushrooms to it and used cornstarch for the flour.