Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pumpkin Spice French Toast

So I was laying in bed one night and I was thinking about what I would make for breakfast the next day. I love eating breakfast, but I feel like there are not enough options for breakfast some times. Pancakes, waffles, muffins, eggs, blah blah blah! Then I remembered french toast. I'm not really a french toast lover, but hey, if the kids eat it I am happy. Suddenly I had a light bulb moment. What if you could make french toast that tasted like pumpkin pie? Well I gave it a shot and Simon and I thought it was good enough for the blog. It is not an over powering pumpkin taste, more like a hint... a secret if you will. So after this long novel, here it is folks... Pumpkin spice french toast!


2 eggs
1/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

Whisk eggs in shallow dish then add cream and pumpkin whisking until combined. Add spices and whisk together. Dip both sides of bread into mixture (don't let it sit or it will be soggy). Cook in frying pan.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yum! This was a great idea.

Andrea said...

A friend in my ward tried this and loved it. She has been telling a bunch of people to try it. Great recipe!