Thursday, March 25, 2010

Banana Muffins (or Bread)

I have been making this recipe For-ev-er!  It is one of my kids favorite kinds of muffins. The recipe comes from a family friend, Kim Fox, although I have tweaked the recipe a bit from the original.  They are extremely moist and bake up nicely.  If you would like to make loaves of bread instead of muffins just double this recipe and it will make 2 large loaves. 

1 C. Sugar
3 Ripe Bananas
1/4 C. Butter, melted
1 Egg
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 3/4 C. Flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together and measure in 1/4 C. fulls into a greased or lined 12 cup muffin tin.  Bake 20-25 minutes until tops are golden brown.  *Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour for loaves of bread.

2 comments:

christin said...

I like making muffins for an after school snack. I made these today and they were awesome! I loved them. I made 8 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins. My kids ate all 24 muffins in minutes! Thanks for a new favorite recipe.

Veronica said...

Easy to make and I love that it makes exactly 12 muffins. Kids loved it!