Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grandma's Vegetable Soup

Another crock pot recipe coming at you.  I told you I was on a mission!  My grandma is a fantastic cook.  She can make anything taste good and I probably don't even know how many of my favorite recipes originated with her.  This is a thick, hearty soup, perfect for a cold day.  I love that it is ultra packed with veggies.  Even the broth is mostly tomato juice.  So the next time you are in a soup mood, give this one a try.

1 lb. Ground Beef, cooked and drained
1 quart tomato juice or 1 15oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 quart water
1 1/2 C. Chopped Carrots
3/4 C. Chopped Celery
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 C. Chopped Potatoes
3 cubes Beef Boullion
1 C. Shredded Cabbage

Add all ingredients to a large crock pot.  Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.  I like to add my cabbage about 2 hours before serving to get it soft but not mushy. 

1 comment:

christin said...

This is one of my favorite soups ever. I have been making it for a few years now. Grandma's food is awesome!