Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chocolate Cake

Last night I taught the teenage girls in my church class about fondant.  When I decorate cakes I always make a cake from scratch.  They are more firm and much easier to work with than a cake made from a box.  This cake was delicious, baked up perfectly and came out of the pans without any problems.  I will definitely use this recipe again.

2 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Milk
2/3 C. Sugar
2/3 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Cocoa
3/4 C. Butter
3 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients and mix with an electric mixer until batter is smooth.  Grease and flour 2 8" pans and divide batter between both pans.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs on it.  Let cool for 5 minutes before inverting to a cooling rack.  After cakes are completely cooled, frost or wrap in saran wrap until ready to frost.

2 comments:

Broe said...

This cake looks so great. I can't wait until "A" sees it! She is going to go nuts over how cute it is!

Derrick said...

This reminds me of the cake boss! Looks awesome!

-Derrick