Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Minestrone



Having fresh peas and beans in my kitchen from the garden made me think of Minestrone. I was feeling adventurous so I just came up with this recipe on my own. The only thing I did with a recipe was look one up to see what spices to put in. It has such fresh taste.


1/4 large onion chopped
2 t. oil
3 carrots peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic minced
3/4 quart bottled tomatoes
2 t. beef base
3/4 cup water
1 small bowl green beans
1 small bowl peas
1 can corn
1/2 T. basil
1/2 T. dried rosemary
4 baked potatoes peeled and chopped
Salt to taste

Add onion, carrot into warm oil and saute for about 6 min. Turn to low heat and add garlic. Add tomatoes, and every other ingredient, besides the potatoes. Simmer for 10 min or until cooked through. Turn to low and add potatoes.


2 comments:

Barb said...

This looks delicious!!! One of those comfort foods. Fresh from the garden.... Can't get better than that.

Andrea said...

I love Minestrone soup. My garden is a little behind yours though so I will have to try it in a month or so. Fun way to use all those veggies.