Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

As a kid I hated sweet and sour but as an adult I really enjoy it.  It helps that whenever I make sweet and sour anything it makes my husband extra happy.  I was drawn to this recipe because of the simple ingredients and I was very happy with the results.  I am all about easy and quick meals right now and this one is just that- easy and quick.  Add some veggies from your garden and your set for a great dinner.

1 lb. hamburger
1/4 C. Fine Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
1/2 of an Onion, diced small or 1 T. Onion Powder

Mix all ingredients together very well and shape into small meat balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.  I was able to make 35.  Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.   

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1 C. Brown Sugar, packed
1 1/2 C. Water
1 1/2 T. Corn Starch
1/4 C. Vinegar
3 T. Soy Sauce
2 T. Kechup

Combine all ingredients in a skillet and bring to a boil.  Add meatballs and simmer uncovered 15 minutes until sauce is thick.  If sauce becomes too thick just add a little bit of water.  Serve over rice.  

1 comment:

christin said...

I made these last week. I added some bell pepper, pineapple, and zucchini to it. It was so, so , so good. My whole family liked it! In fact just looking at the picture my mouth is watering!