Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crock Pot Italian Chicken

I tried this recipe a while ago and loved it. I made this for a dinner party I was having. My husband who is not a fan of crock pot meals was a little apprehensive to try it but is now a fan of this dish.



Crock Pot Italian Chicken

2 frozen boneless chicken breasts (adjust time if you use defrosted chicken)
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water
1 Package of Italian dressing seasoning

Place all of the above into the crock pot for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. When chicken is done, take out of the crock pot and cut into chunks.
While the chicken is out of the crock pot whisk in: 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 8oz package of softened cream cheese. It will be a little lumpy but will eventually smooth out.
Put chicken back into the crock pot and continue to heat mixture for 1 hour on high. (You can do this on low too if you need longer but adjust the time)
Stir before serving.
Serve over rice or noodles.
Serves 4

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I had no idea that you could serve this on noodles. I have always served it on rice.

Broe said...

Did you cook it on high or low? I like how few ingredients there are in this recipe.

Deanna said...

This looks so good! I can't wait to try it!

christin said...

I made this last night. I really liked it. It was so easy! I used 1/2 a TBS of Italian seasoning and I also added milk because I thought it was a little bit thick. Tasted awesome and everyone loved it.