Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

Yeah!  It's Crock Pot Week! We should be hearing from all the peaches this week and I can't wait to see what you all come up with.  I love cooking in my crock pot but I find myself using the same tried and true recipes (which I will be posting over the next couple of days) and I wanted to try something new.  So my recipe today is Chicken Parmesan.  My family gobbled this right up.  I loved the ease of this meal and how the additional flavors made the sauce more thick and rich.  The chicken was very tender and pulled apart easily with the side of a fork.  However, this recipe isn't like normal Chicken Parmesan recipes, the chicken is not crunchy- you are cooking it in a crock pot after all. 


2-3 chicken breasts, halved
1 egg, beaten
2 T. Milk
1/2 C. bread crumbs
1/2 T. Italian Seasoning
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
2 C. Shredded Mozzerella
1 jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce

Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour the entire jar of sauce into the bottom of crock pot.  Set aside.  Beat the egg with the milk.  In a separate bowl combine bread crumbs, seasoning and parmesan cheese.  Be sure that your chicken is completely thawed out.  Dip chicken into egg mixture then coat with parmesan and bread crumb mixture.  Place each piece of chicken carefully on top of sauce.  Top with mozzarella.  Cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.  Serve over buttered spaghetti noodles.

1 comment:

Broe said...

This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it!