Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chicken Tacos

I love, love, love this recipe.  It is fast, family friendly, low cal. and really, really yummy!  Right after we were married, Scott bought me a subscription to a company who sent me 50 new recipe cards every month.  I found this recipe on one of those cards and we have been making it monthly ever since.  The trick with this recipe is choosing a salsa that you love because the salsa is the only flavoring in the recipe, there are no other spices.  You can use corn or flour tortillas or use the filling in taco salad.  I have also used shredded pork instead of chicken and it was awesome.  So, lots of options.  Just use some creativity and I think you'll find that this recipe is a winner with your family too!

2 Chicken Breasts, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 C. Salsa
1 can Corn, drained
1 can Black Beans, drained

Cook chicken with 1/2 C. Salsa on medium heat until browned (not all the way cooked yet).  Add corn, black beans and remaining salsa and cook until excess moisture is boiled out and chicken is completely cooked.  Serve in flour or corn tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, extra salsa and any other toppings you like on your tacos.

2 comments:

christin said...

Every time I look at this picture I want to eat one of those tacos. Stop making your pictures look so good!

Andrea said...

No promises!