Sunday, October 4, 2009

Creamy Angel Hair Pasta


Hi all! I FINALLY made something worth posting! :) This dish took a little while to prepare, but for the more experienced cook, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. A must for our dinners is that it has to taste good as leftovers at work the next day. This was amazing the night of, and it was wonderful the next day! Even Derrick liked it, which is the test of my cooking! The tomatoes add the perfect kick and mushrooms are optional. My personal recommendation to add a little more Parmesan cheese for the leftovers. Enjoy!


*Disclaimer: Feeding myself and Derrick doesn't usually take a full recipe, so I halved mine and I still had leftovers. I'm not the biggest fan of garlic, so I cut that down by more than half. We didn't have carrots, so those were left out completely. You have a lot of room with this recipe to do whatever suits your taste.


1 pkg. (16 oz.) angel hair pasta
1-1&1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2t salt
1/4t pepper
3T olive oil, divided
1 large carrot, divided (opt.)
2T butter
1 med. onion, chopped
1 celery rib, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy whipping cream
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled*
3T lemon juice (fresh is best)
1t Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
1 pkg. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pkg. sliced mushrooms (opt.)

Cook pasta according to package directions. At the same time, saute the chicken, salt and pepper (Derrick seasoned the chicken with some dried onion and garlic salt) in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
In that same skillet, saute carrot in butter and remaining oil for 1 minute. Add onion, celery, mushrooms, and garlic; saute for 3-4 minutes longer or until tender.
Stir in cream, bacon (I just used precooked and precrumbled bacon, it was easier and just as tasty), lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly (this part take a little longer, maybe about 5 minutes). Return chicken to the pan.
Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese and halved cherry tomatoes.
The base of this recipe is compliments of Taste of Home. (No plagiarism here!)

3 comments:

Broe said...

This looks great! I'm excited to try it.

Andrea said...

We love pasta in our family and I am always anxious to find new recipes to add to our list of favorites. Thanks for posting!

Barb said...

I will be trying this recipe on Ross. I think he will really like it. We really like garlic so......I will be adding it ALL. As long as we both eat it, it's all good! Thanks :-)