Thursday, October 1, 2009

Italian Pot Roast

This is one of those smell up your house kind of meals.  I was so excited to try dinner when I made this recipe.  It is similar to one I found on Everyday Food.  We served it over rice.

Italian Pot Roast

Olive oil
3 pound beef chuck roast
1 t. dried garlic
1 jar of tomatoes
1 can tomato soup
1 T. dried rosemary
1 T. dried onion

Pour olive oil into a pan and get it hot.  Season both sides of roast with salt, pepper and garlic.  Sear each side for 2 min or until just browned.  Add to crock pot with all ingredients.  Cook on high for at least 4 hours.  After it was finished cooking I cut up the meat into smaller pieces.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm going to try this one this week if I can find a good deal on a roast. The tomato flavor with the beef is new to me and I can't wait to find out what it will taste like! I let you know how it goes.

Andrea said...

I tried this and it was so good. Everyone loved the gravy over top of rice. Thanks!

christin said...

Oh, I made this a while ago. It was a nice change and I really liked it. Thanks!