Friday, January 8, 2010

Banana Cinnamon Pancakes

This was a new recipe to me and I thought it was a really nice change from the traditional.  These are not fluffy like regular pancakes, they are actually quite dense and cook up pretty flat.  I loved the cinnamon flavor.  There are a lot of great things about this recipe.  First of all, it comes together really fast.  Secondly, there is absolutely no butter or oil in the actual recipe.  I also liked that the recipe only makes 12 pancakes so there aren't leftovers hanging out on my counter. 


1 C. Flour
2 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 C. Milk
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Banana, mashed
1 T. Butter (optional)
1 T. Olive Oil (optional)

Sift the flour, sugar and cinnamon together into a medium sized mixing bowl.  Add milk, egg, vanilla and mashed banana and mix with an electric mixer until batter is smooth.  *This part is optional but I liked the crispy edges on the pancakes.  Melt butter in a small bowl and add olive oil.  Heat skillet, then brush with butter/olive oil mixture.  Pour batter onto griddle and cook each pancake until golden on each side.  Serve with maple syrup.

No comments: