Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mom's hot cocoa

A tradition that will live on in my family for many years! I have and will always love this hot cocoa! My boys always get excited when the cocoa pot is steaming because it means that this tasty stuff is inside!


1 1/2 cups sugar
3 TBS cocoa powder
6 cups of water
1 can evaporated milk

Place sugar and cocoa in pot and stir together. Add water and bring to boil. Turn to low and pour in milk! Drink on a cold snowy day or a warm one if you live some where like San Diego.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

For some reason the picture on this post won't come up for me. It's probably just my computer.

I love this hot cocoa. No powdered mix comes close, even Stephens.

Barb said...

I agree with you. You can even enjoy this if you live in San Diego. I got this recipe from my mom who got it from my grandma. The enjoyment lives on!!!!

Beth said...

I love this recipe too. Great job with the picture!

Anonymous said...

Yum, this looks like the perfect breakfast! :)

A.