Sunday, January 24, 2010

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Andrea and I tried this a while back and decided it was not for us, but I think it was because the fish was too old so I decided to give it another try. It was really good. I have never tasted Tilapia before. It is a really mild fish. The topping really made it taste great. So if your like me and would like to try something new,that takes little preparation and time to cook, give this a shot.



1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter,softened
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion salt
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia filets

Preheat broiler. Grease broiling pan or line with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl mix together Parmesan,butter mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add the basil,pepper, onion and celery salts. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange filets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fish over and broil for a few more minutes. Remove the fillets from the ove and cover them with the parmesan mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.

2 comments:

DJ, Liesl and Logan said...

hey Barbara, thank you so much for this recipe! my mother-in-law wanted me to make something with the tilapia that she had and I am usually not very inspired when cooking at my in-laws. so I was talking to Christin and she said that you had a recipe on here for tilapia. I love how easy and good it is! my in-laws loved it too!!!

Barb said...

I'm glad you liked it. I was surprised how easy and fast it was to make.