Monday, January 25, 2010

Raspberry Valentine Pancakes

I thought I would post this well before Valentine's Day to give you an idea for a special holiday breakfast.  We really enjoyed these this morning.  The buttermilk made the pancakes extra moist and delicious and I loved the taste of raspberries in every bite. 


1 C. Flour (I used whole wheat)
1 T. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C. Buttermilk
1 Egg
1 1/2 T. Butter, melted
1 C. Fresh or Frozen Raspberries (thawed)

Mix butter, buttermilk and egg together.  Add flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until batter is smooth without lumps.  Fold in berries with a spatula.  Cook on a hot griddle.  Makes 12 pancakes.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Those polka dot glasses look great by the way and the pancakes I need to try soon! I think raspberries may be my favorite berry.