Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweet Dinner Rolls

So the other day I wanted rolls, but I wanted to try a new recipe (just so I could post one). I found this recipe and it sounded great. Plus it went into a bread machine which was even better! I decided to tie the rolls into knots like Andrea did with her Cinnamon knots (which by the way are fantastic) just so that they would look a little nicer then a normal roll. Anyway- they were great and now I am fat because I am pretty sure I ate 10 of them. So if you want to be fat like me or want some delicious rolls make these! :)


1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 3/4 cup flour
1 TBS yeast

Place all ingredients in bread machine. Choose dough cycle. When cycle is finished flour flat surface and roll dough into a rectangle. Using a pizza cutter cut into 18 equal strips. Roll each strip into a rope and tie into a loose knot. Place into greased muffin tin. Bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes. Butter tops while still hot.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about with these rolls. I'll be trying them this week.

DJ, Liesl and Logan said...

yummy!!! can't wait to try andreas cinnimon knots in the morning with this recipe!

Andrea said...

I really, really liked these. I liked that they were kind of dense and dough-y and not as fluffy as some other roll recipes are. I will definitely make these again...maybe tomorrow!