Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fruit Salsa

I was being adventurous and decided to try something new. I was also trying to use my fruit before it went bad. I found this recipe and it was a big hit. It does take time cutting all of the stuff up, but it looks so nice. I didn't have the kiwi so I just left it out. It was still great, but would have looked better with it.


Salsa
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor

Chips
10 flour tortillas
cooking spray
cinnamon and sugar mixed together

Mix salsa together and chill. For chips spray on side of tortilla with cooking spray. Cut into wedges and sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon and sugar mixture. Repeat with all tortillas. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake @ 350 for 8 minutes.

No comments: