Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak

I had this steak in the freezer that someone gave to me. They were HUGE. Well I got the itch to make something totally different. After a little searching on line I decided to make up my own recipe for these sandwiches. I really liked them. I ended up chopping up the left overs really small and making burritos out of them. Just something a little different.


2-3 TBS olive oil
2 steaks (I don't really know my steaks so get what you like)
1 onion (sliced)
1 bell pepper (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (I like to add a little more)
Provolone cheese slices
Mayo
Hard rolls


Slice steak VERY thin. Pour oil in a cast iron skillet. Saute vegetables with garlic for 2-3 minutes. Toss in the steak and add spices. Cook steak with onion and pepper until meat is cooked through. Do not over cook your meat or it will be tough and you will need to chew like a cow to eat it! Place cheese slices all over the top and put a lid on to melt it. Cut rolls in half and spread mayo on each side. Fill with meat/cheese mixture. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I don't even like peppers and this looks good to me. I love how you write- "don't over cook the meat or you'll have to chew like a cow to eat it." You make me laugh!