Monday, June 21, 2010

Morning Glory Muffins

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a muffin lover. The only muffins I really like are the bran muffins on this blog. Until now! I wanted to make something different for my husband on Father's day. We always do breakfast in bed for Fathers/Mothers day. This Father's day I made him and omelet and these fabulous muffins. They are so good warm with a little bit of butter. Oh... I can taste it now!! You must try these muffins.


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flakes coconut
1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple sauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix all dry ingredients together with carrots, apple, walnuts, coconut. In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to the dry mixture. Grease muffin tin and fill 2/3 full. Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have made these before and you are right, they are really good. I like how healthy they are with all the different fruits and vegetables in them.