Monday, June 14, 2010

Strawberry Cake


I have been making this cake for years. It has been the favorite birthday cake for a few of my children and now it seems to be a big hit with my children's spouses and my grandchildren. You can make it the night before you need it and it will be just perfect.

Make a regular white cake in an extra long pan (lasagna pan)
Let cool.

Frosting:
Mix together until creamy,
2 cups powdered sugar
8oz cream cheese
Fold in 2 1/2 cups cool whip

Topping:
2 pints sliced strawberries
1 tub strawberry glaze
mix strawberries with glaze, spoon on top of frosting.

Cover and Refrigerate.

3 comments:

christin said...

This is the best cake in the world! I love, love, love it!

Andrea said...

Oh how we love this cake. I think I could eat a whole pan myself!

Deanna said...

Derrick introduced me to this cake when we first started dating and it's one of the things that will always be a constant on his birthday. This year was no exception!