Monday, June 21, 2010

Fajitas

We love Mexican food! I mean LOVE it. This is one of our favorites. The kids are not big fans of all of the peppers and onions so I try not to make it too often. This is one of my husbands awesome recipes. He is an amazing cook!



Olive oil
garlic
salt
pepper
2 chicken breasts
3 bell peppers (I always use 1 green and at least 1 red)
1 red onion (sliced)
1/2 cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1 TBS cocoa powder (Yes, chocolate makes everything taste better)
cheese
sour cream
Tortillas

Cut your chicken breasts into pieces. In a skillet seal chicken in olive oil and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Slice peppers into strips removing seeds. Add onion and peppers to skillet. Saute for 1-2 minutes and then add the cayenne, salt, cumin and cocoa. Stir and cover to cook until peppers are to desired tenderness. Serve in a warm tortilla. Topped with cheese and sour cream.

2 comments:

Barb said...

We made these the other night. I totally loved them. They had really good flavor but I only used 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. They had a little kick which is good for me.

Andrea said...

Really liked these. I don't know what the cocoa adds, I couldn't taste it at all. But I'm not going to question that it adds something because these were delicious!