Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Addictive Oatmeal

I know what you're thinking.  Addictive?  Oatmeal?  But it's true!  We have had this oatmeal 5 times in the last 3 weeks.  When I make it my 6 year old says "YES!".  It is the best oatmeal I have ever had and I am not generally a fan of oatmeal.  The texture of this recipe reminds me of risotto, it is creamy and sweet.  You don't even need to add any sugar or milk to it before digging in.  I love the taste of this oatmeal and I also love that I can make it in about 10 minutes...yep 10 minutes people!  You just can't beat that!  This recipe gets 5 stars from me.
1 egg
1 3/4 C. Milk
1/2 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1 1/4 C. Quick Oats
1 T. Butter

In a medium sauce pan combine egg, milk and sugar.  Turn on burner to about medium high heat. (Between 6 or 7 on my stove.)  Mix well and add oats.  Stir mixture constantly as it begins to bubble.  Continue stirring until it thickens to a consistency you like.  Don't let it get gluey and sticky like regular oatmeal.  Spoon oatmeal into bowls and eat.  You can add a little cinnamon or nutmeg too.  So yummy!

No comments: